New World

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Tarter_trpt8, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Tarter_trpt8

Tarter_trpt8 Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    Hey manny,

I'm just curious if you would mind if Me and my buddy Matt who plays trumpet at St. Cloud, Cindy Ooms who was a flute player in the youth orchestras in HS, and a friend of hers to come back stage after the concert on Wednesday to talk to you. Let me know if this is cool and where exactly would I meet you at?

Jeremy

Can't wait to hear the concert!

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Actually, I'm cover conducting that show but I'll be there. Let me know where your tickets are and I'll sit with you for the show. I will be late, however, so I'll see you for the second half.

ML

3. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Manny,
    Does that mean you will also be doing the pre concert lecture? I might have to come see that.

Jeremy,
    Are you in the St. Cloud Symphony too? I was just talking to my friend Maia about that group. She's playing bassoon for the upcoming concert, and I was hoping to get my name on the sub list for the future.

-Jimi

4. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Sorry, no, I'm just in the wings, so to speak, waiting for the conductor to fall over in tortuous agony begging me to save the show with his mournful final breath.

Like I said, it's going to be a night off.

ML

5. Rimshot

Rimshot Pianissimo User

Feb 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    ...but only if he gets enough of the anti-freeze we are slipping into his regular pre-show martini...

6. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Isn't that how Gerald Schwartz got his conducting start??? ... you funny man Rimshot... Please Manny, as much as I'd like to see you realize another one of your dreams... we can't afford to loose another great trumpet player... to the podium ;-)

7. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Actually, conducting is a lot easier than playing trumpet. Just wave your arms until the music stops, then turn around and bow.

And as Maestro Fiedler knew, it's even better with a Martini or 2............

;-)

8. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA

"If only you knew the power of the dark side..."

Darth Vader

"Press my button and I'll go down..."

His sister, Ella Vader

ML

9. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Oy Vader, your brother in law from the old country?

-cw-

10. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Inn Vader, the favorite hotel of the Galactic Empire owned by his family.

Remember, Chuck, you started this. Wait.. oh, crap, I started it!

ML