New Yamaha / Malone C Trumpet

Discussion in 'Horns' started by BachMan, Jan 4, 2004.

1. BachMan

BachMan Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2003
    When will the new Yamaha Malone C trumpets be ready. I have heard alot about them. Does anyone have info on these trumpets.

When will they be available?

Any idea on price?

Will this be a Bach Killer? :D

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    the north philly ghetto
    Bach can never be killed, wounded maybe.

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Don't try to tell Leigh that! :D

4. richtom

richtom Forte User

Dec 7, 2003
    If you stop and think about it, and in no way is this a knock on Yamaha trumpets - I've had 2 good Bbs and use a 6810 pic, but Yamaha has to hire one of the very best designers in the world, Bob Malone, to tweak their horns to compete with Bach.
    I submit to you, ladies and gentlemen of this forum, it seems to prove to me that if you go to a music store with a decent selection of horns, you will likely end up with a Bach that will be a superb horn and you won't have to tweak it.
    I know the Malone/Yamahas will be superb instruments, but how much more will their cost be than a Bach?

5. Nonsense Eliminator

Nonsense Eliminator New Friend

Nov 2, 2003
    You will probably not be able to get a straight answer to this question. Yamaha (quite understandably) doesn't want people to have the impression that there's something new and better in the pipes, because it discourages people from buying their current products. It is certainly the case that there are some people out there with Malone-tweaked Xenos, and apparently there are also some horns which have been designed by Malone in the prototype stage. Anybody who is close enough to Malone and/or Yamaha to have some idea when these instruments might be ready for market is probably not likely to spill any beans Yamaha doesn't want spilt.

6. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    I think I remember talking to a Yamaha rep and he said they'd be over $3000(but that's Canadian so it's more like $2000-$2200 US). They're expensive but keep in mind how many people sent their stock horns to Malone to modify. How much do you think that process cost? These have a built in Malone conversion!

I also hear they're coming out with two new models called the New York C and the Chicago C. I'm really looking forward to them. I've got a 6445S and the only C I've like better was a Malone Bach owned by my teacher in the TSO.