New Year's bullets strike 2 in Florida

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Liad Bar-EL, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
  2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    "Hey, it's the New year! Let's get drunk and fire our guns up into the air!"

Idiots.

ML

3. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Yep.....the idiots around here do it traditionally year after year. We have a "blue law" that mandates each citizen residing in the town of Kennesaw must have a firearm on the premises. They sure like to use them on New Year's and July 4th. :roll:

When I was looking at this house before purchase, there was a rifle hanging in the master bedroom closet. Yep. Sho' nuff. I refuse to have a gun in my house.....but I do know how to use one.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    What happens to all those idiots in Iraq and Afghanistan and other middle eastern countries where they shoot their guns in the air to celebrate. I have seen footage of that kind of thing on TV and I always wondered where the bullets were landing and who was getting hit? It must be raining bullets in those places compared to people firing guns in the air here in the US.

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Yes! That's right! That always occurs to me when I see that. I keep saying to the screen, "No, no... point it up a little straighter, c'mon, that's it...".

My folks don't go anywhere on New Years Eve for that very reason in PR. Makes me mad. Such a silly, dangerous way to ring in a new opportunity to enjoy life. I see firearms for limited purposes: military, police, collecting, hunting for food, citizen protection of self and home, and the practice needed to maintain the necessary skills.

They're not intended as noisemakers for the intoxicated. Isn't ammo expensive, anyway?

ML

6. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA

7. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    On Friday nights, the Arabs in Jerusalem get married and fire their guns into the air as part of their celebration. Some times kids and others get hit from the falling bullets.

I'm thankful that I do not live near Arab villages. I just hear them firing quite often however. This is crude if you ask me.

Liad Bar-EL

8. Bill

Bill New Friend

Nov 11, 2003
    Madison (Huntsville) AL
    Hi Alex,

I live in Madison (Huntsville) Alabama - am a transplanted Chicago South Sider. I love it here but can't for the life of me figure out why some folks do the tihngs they do down here.

You know what's the last 3 words out of a redneck's mouth you'll ever hear?

Y'all watch This!

Bill

9. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    If Phoenix, the police used some new kind of technology this year to catch people shooting guns in the air. From what I hear, they set up all kinds of sensors in certain spots that can detect the sound of gun fire and where it came from, supposably it's accurate up to 4 feet or something, like a GPS.

Anyway, 6 people were arrested and reports of random gun fire are down almost 200% from last year.