New years' Trumpet resolutions

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bloomin Untidy Musician, Dec 22, 2008.

1. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    To "practice what I play"..........

2. Bagnewauckland

Bagnewauckland Pianissimo User

Dec 2, 2008
    New Zealand
    To save up all of my pocket money for the next several years to get a picc

To move my embouchure towards the centre of my mouth (it's been drifting a little to the left)

To focus on technique more than just picking up my horn and playing - Make sure embouchure's right in the centre; posture's right; keeping my shoulders relaxed

And, last of all, arrange some music for music class in school next year for performance assessments (solo and group of 3-6(Class of about 10))

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I too get distracted and that, I think, stems from not having a specific daily practice routine. This is why I will try to embrace ROWUK's formula.

4. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    To stop making excuses for why I can't get in the practice room....

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Perhaps your embouchure is drifting because it doesn't want to be in the center, where there is no requirement for it to be. It is drifting for a reason. You might want to consider a consult with a "chop doc", before you try to move it back.
    veery

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  6. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    To do something better than I did yesterday everyday.

TD

7. oldenick

oldenick Pianissimo User

Apr 10, 2007
    CT

8. bkonstans1

bkonstans1 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 19, 2007
    Aurora, IL

Model T, silver plated, with a ML bore, Gold Brass Bell, 1st slide ring, pinky ring on the leadpipe, rounded bell crook + tuning slide, amado keys, stress relieved bracing, and whatever else I can come up with.

:cool: oh yeah. Dream horn, baby.

9. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
    One step closer to Wayne...:D
    -Andrew

10. Bagnewauckland

Bagnewauckland Pianissimo User

Dec 2, 2008
    New Zealand
    Really? Thanks for the advice, my (Private, fully qualified) Trumpet Teacher said something about if it gets really hard to try and move it back, that it's probably OK for it to stay there (it's only half a centimetre, maybe a little more), but the muscles toward the centre of the lip have a slightly better shape/structure to produce good tone for a long time.
    I'll ask him why it matters so much, seeing as my tone was complimented quite alot by the examiner in my recent ABRSM Exam, in which I achieved distinction.