New years' Trumpet resolutions

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bloomin Untidy Musician, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Nerf

Nerf Piano User

Dec 7, 2008
    Virginia Beach, VA

Gee...not very specific are you?!?! :cool: I have a Lawler C Trumpet. Sorry...can't remember the model. I bought it used at the 1991 UTG conference at LSU from Mr. Lawler himself. SUPER NICE GUY!!!!! I love it!!!

2. sonicgeo2

sonicgeo2 Pianissimo User

More ease of playing and play for the love of it! :play:

3. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    get a real job! not!

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Bob, I guess this is directed at me - I do have a real job - one I've pursued for 39 years, unfortunately it's not playing trumpet. ;-) I trust you like flying 'cos my students are those blokes who maintain and sign for the serviceability of the aircraft in which you fly. I guess you hope I'm better at my real job than I am at trumpet playing - I like to think that that is the case BTW - the travelling public, and all those who live below flight paths, are all in trouble if my work matches my inability with the trumpet. Be that as it may, I try very hard at both pursuits. :cool: (No, I'm not easily offended, be happy).

Oh b*gger, I think I've taken Bob's post entirely the wrong way - sorry Bob.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  5. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

Stop playing the trumpet and start playing music (using a trumpet)
    And to stop thinking so much. (more music)

6. rikrdo

rikrdo New Friend

Mar 9, 2004
    Sunny So Cal
    To practice.
    Period.

Wait a minute.............to clarify:
    Get off the PC and get out my horns.

(and if anyone has a good 30 minute routine that will help me with chops and improv, please PM me. Thanks)

7. Liblip

Liblip New Friend

Mar 29, 2008
    More interaction with other instruments. (I do well alone, I need to focus on "plays well with others.") Also, improve my discipline in transcribing. I'm taking a kickin'-a music theory class. -Ed

8. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Be resigned to my deficiencies while still working steadily towards improvement where ever that might be gained. (I know its contradictory. To folks who know, it may make sense)

To have more fun with the horn, and beat my head against the wall less frequently.

Dig up a duet buddy.