New York area trumpet playing dentist

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by art, Jan 16, 2007.

1. art

art New Friend

Sep 28, 2006
    Does anybody know of a trumpet playing or brass playing dentist?? New York City, Westchester NY, Rockland NY areas??
    Dental problems are affecting the chops.

2. gtromble

gtromble Pianissimo User

Dec 31, 2005
    I believe that I met one at last year's ITG conference -- shared a table at the jam session one night -- but I don't recall his name. Perhaps Trent or one of the other guys there has a better memory.

.... or maybe he was a stockbroker :) One or the other....
    GT

3. Firestas'1

Firestas'1 Piano User

Dec 21, 2006
    New Jersey
    I think I saw an advertisement for a Trumpet playing dentist in one of the 2006 past issues of ITG Journal. If I can find it I'll send you the info.

4. Khora

Khora Piano User

Sep 17, 2006
    New York
    I've never used him, but there are ads in the Local 802 paper for:

Peter Silver, DDS
    www.jazzdentist.com
    24 Washington Square North
    New York, NY 10011
    212-924-6890

He says he is a trumpet-playing dentist....

5. tromj

tromj Piano User

Jun 4, 2005
    Teaneck, NJ
    Peter is a trumpet playing dentist, and a good one too. I used to go to him, until I moved. Plays great dentist office music. Instead of Muzak, he played Monk.

6. NJtrpt

NJtrpt New Friend

Nov 16, 2006
    If you dont mind my asking, what type of dental challenges are you having? I struggle with a 'vibration' feeling in my front teeth. This is due to short roots (which was caused by braces)...... only solution..... dental caps. Not sure if Im ready for such an extreme change.

7. art

art New Friend

Sep 28, 2006
    My problem is missing teeth and teeth that were capped at a time I was not playing resulting in a very different mouth from what I used to have. Good luck. Art

8. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    I met Dr. Silver at a NY Brass Conferance. He used to advertise often in the Brass Journals. Always seemed to be interested in helping out trumpet players.

9. NJtrpt

NJtrpt New Friend

Nov 16, 2006
    Art,
    Thanks for the reply, and good luck !!!