New York Trumpets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mr.Motown, May 12, 2009.

1. Mr.Motown

Mr.Motown New Friend

Mar 15, 2009
    detroit michigan
    I was recently on the web and found the New York Trumpet Company trumpets. I was wondering if anyone had any expeirencde with the horns. As well as the quality of them. Speicifacly any one of the stage one models. They defitanlly look gorgouse;-). Do they play as good as they look???

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    YES they DO!!!!!!!

There are many here you play NYTC trumpets!

Wilmer Wise

Nick Drozdoff

Tony Kadleck are just a few of the top pros here that use those horns.

3. jim miller

jim miller Pianissimo User

Sep 25, 2008
    California
    My friend recently bought a Phaeton model by that firm. I tried it w/ my mpc & found it played very well. I loved the way it sounded & oddly enough was most impressed by the big sound and ease of playing in the lower register. Beautifully designed & seeming very high quality. I would reccomend. jm

4. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    See...typing faster than I think....Dylan Schwab is a great player and an NYTC artist.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    NYTC is not only the horn, it is the first rate service and support that you get from Felix. That really adds value to the package!

6. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    I have a Stage 1 California C. It is awesome. Plays better than I do! Beautifully built also. (once again more than I am)

veery

7. max3k

max3k Mezzo Piano User

Jan 7, 2007
    I have a Stage 1 California Custom Bb. It is a great joy and I get compliments on it weekly. Felix is a stand up guy and will answer any questions you have.

8. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    those NY Stage 1 horns are some of the best horns I've ever played. Awesome!

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Trent has owned just about everything there is. I think his view is a pretty valid one from a working player.