New YouTube Channel

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rufflicks, Jan 9, 2012.

1. rufflicks

rufflicks Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Greetings collective,

I launched a YouTube channel today. I am in a unique position of having access to a lot of different gear and a playing job that requires a multitude of travel via different methods. I thought it would be cool to pass along some experience. I offer up videos that are somewhat informational with an element of fun mixed in. This will be an on going series of advice for the young player. It may even help more… well… seasoned players. I will do my best over time to cover a full spectrum of issues that are part of being a trumpet player and a working musician. There will be advice from the road while on the road, gear demos, comments from professionals, general playing/practice advice and tips for every day life. I hope it becomes a place for taking a break from the normal and information that will keep someone from learning a lesson the hard way like I did.

rufftips - YouTube

Tragically a friend lost a great deal of footage from 2 previous tours but I will be on the road later this month and hope to recoup a great deal of the topics lost. Enjoy and remember this is supposed to be fun.

Jon

groverdot likes this.
  2. MSfortissimo

MSfortissimo Pianissimo User

Jul 13, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    You seem incredibly familiar to me. :shock:

Also nice videos

3. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    What to watch first.....Wiseman it is.

Edit: The very end, "And its so easy, a woman can do it" I found that very funny because I had to have a woman show me how they work!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  4. rufflicks

Dec 9, 2009
    Nor Cal
    codyb226,

Absolutely the point, not a diss at all. I looked at that case and went uh what??? That is why I asked her to show it...well and maybe she is much more pleasant to watch than me.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Great resource! Thanks! I have made it sticky so it is permanently available!

6. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Sure, but you lock the Monette prices thread......

Its fine, this is better than my thread.

7. MSfortissimo

Jul 13, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    You sound a little sour..

Out of tune, so to speak

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  8. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US

Im good, now we have the monique prices thread. That should confuse the moderators? right?

9. MSfortissimo

Jul 13, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah! At first I assumed someone was playing a joke on the keen watchers of this sight.
    Apparently not so

10. rufflicks

Dec 9, 2009
    Nor Cal
    All,

I do my best to not infuriate so I shall remain neutral during this witty repartee. I certainly see no harm in a thread that monitors the cost of a horn but when it comes to the builder in question I have noticed there are divisions. I shall sip my swiss miss and watch from the chalet.