Nice Martin Imperial on Ebay+The Committee Member's Names

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lovevixen555, Nov 30, 2008.

1. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

"So again my idea to upgrade a trumpet in my garage to both repair it and change the over all sound is not that far off from what some of the greats did." -lovevixen555

Sounds like some good fun, l.v. I've had similar interests, myself. Keep us in the loop.

"NYCT their stage one trumpets where prototyped by a guy that does brass instrument repair and modifications a small business man not some huge manufacture."

If i'm not mistaken, that was: JLANDRESSBRASS.COM

-I've talked with him a couple times. Real sharp fella. He reflects traits of the Old Besson in his builds that permit- in using a seam throughout the Horn. Does all the work by hand. Apparently it makes'em ping real nice. I've never bothered to find out if Kanstul's strict-Besson re-creations, and extended models, are built like that. I wouldn't think so.

Maybe Josh would be willing to offer you some guidance, time permitting.

Cheers

Chris

-

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  2. Bill McCloskey

Bill McCloskey Piano User

Apr 22, 2007
    While I believe Josh was making Stage ones for a short time, I don't believe he is the one who prototyped them and he is not making them now.

3. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

"I don't believe he is the one who prototyped them and he is not making them now." -Bill McCloskey

I'm not aware of the details either Bill. For anyone concerned, i'd guess they could see to it. 'Prototyped', defined. To my thinking, must be a collaborative process. Whether the 'Stage One' was completed before 'Josh Landress Brass' was involved, i can't say with certainty. I've also heard, they're no longer working together. -In any event, you make a good point. No doubt Felix wouldn't want to take credit for Josh's high-dollar, one-off, hand crafted-custom design work. Anymore than Landress would want to take credit for being the sole builder of Felix's designs.

-

4. Bill McCloskey

Apr 22, 2007
    I believe Harrelson originally made the Stage one, then Josh, now someone else.

5. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

Felix keeps good company.

-

6. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    "So again my idea to upgrade a trumpet in my garage to both repair it and change the over all sound is not that far off from what some of the greats did."

You are delusional. On a whim you've decided that you have the talent and ability to repair (and now create) trumpets that will compare to existing professional models, and you're rationalizing that "because Schilike did it, I can do it".

Go back and re-read some of your rantings. You need help...

7. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    whoa whoa whoa buddy, you better be careful there. refferring to someone's mental state in a dimmunitive manner is a big "no-no" here. if a moderator can't do it, what makes you think you can? i mean, in this day you can't offend anyone, don't you know better?

( :: whispers :: psssst.... i'm not serious, i'm just saying it so people think i'm defending the other guy, don't worry)

I am personally offended here. i think you should apologize.

( :: whispers :: not really...)

:thumbdown:

;-)

8. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

As much as i hate to admit it - i feel i'm in agreement with Ed.

Let's Kill'em All!

:lol:

Dag'gone... that does feel good.

Righteous tyranny, is some good therapy, indeed. Besides- what's a little Genocide amongst a Trumpet Community.

;-)

-

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  9. Bill McCloskey

Apr 22, 2007
    Well, I'd say there is no saying that he can't do it. If he is delusional, so was Bach and Monette. Bach came here as a trumpet PLAYER (although he did have an engineering degree). He only got into making mouthpieces when someone reamed his and he thought that maybe he could make one like it. He borrowed a lathe in the back of Schilike's (I think) studio and made a mouthpiece. It wasn't until later that he built a trumpet, closely fashioned on current models.

Monette started as a trumpet player as well and thought he could design a better leadpipe. It was a long time before he started creating trumpets.

There is no saying LoveVixen can't do it, or that he is delusional for trying. He just needs to stop talking about it, and do it.

10. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    Now that's the ROWUK I HAVEN'T heard in a few years, bout time you put someone on BLAST! LMAO.
    BUT I FEEL YA!