No Line Bifocal Glasses

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetup, Jul 15, 2009.

1. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY

Right on,Vulgano.:)

2. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    I went through the same trouble with my glasses, now I just go any local store that carries non-prescription reading glasses and a piece of sheet music and get the perfect strength for the bandstand and save money and time.

3. Heelum

Heelum Pianissimo User

Jan 19, 2009
    Sydney Aus.
    I wish that I only had Bi-focals, mine are multi-focals. I had ALL sorts of problems until I found the local Garage (service station) they sell "pin hole" reading glasses for about $5.00 ozzie dollars.

4. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    So, yea, like, you have Ozzie Osbourne on your currency, down there????

I'm buying my airfare, now!!!!! I'm moving to Australia!!!!

I know tedh will welcome me to stay at his place for eight to twelve weeks or months 'til We find a place of our own. Right, tedh?........

tedh?...................
    where are you tedh????..............

5. Heelum

Heelum Pianissimo User

Jan 19, 2009
    Sydney Aus.
    Ted moved to Nashville............

6. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    Thanks for the help. I have been using $5.00 reading glasses in the past. I thought getting prescription glasses would work better. $345.00 later I'm back to the reading glasses.

7. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Tedh, is this true?????

I'll take you on a tour!!!! I'll show ya where all the stars don't live!

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Ted says to tell you that Ted has NOT moved to Nashville (and Elvis is NOT dead).

Ted has reading glasses and doesn't need bi-focals because he has led such a sin-free/beer-filled life that in good light the music still looks like music even when Ted's glasses get lost on top of his head. In poor light poor old Ted needs his specs because the scores go all blurry. Ted says that beer is really good for your sight, blokes look less threatening, girls look 'yummier', wife looks more tolerantly on Ted's funny falling down and word slurring antics, trumpet is the only friend that suffers.

In marching band Ted's reading glasses work really well for seeing the score on the lyre, but he can't see well enough to follow the "Boss" - that's why he can't march in the front row, and needs to be one trombone length away from the screeching sax player in front - well, he needs someone to follow and the sax players are such soft little wooses that they are best to bump into - big boofy trombone players are a bit harder.

Ted, unfortunately, does not have a spare room - well not an empty one - the spare room is filled with "The Girl's" knick-knacks - which helps to ensure that Ted is allowed to buy trumpets - Ted is sorry to dash your hopes, but welcomes you to Oz anytime - summertime is good, cause the ground is a nice red colour and the beer is icy cold.

This message has been bought to you by Ted's friend, 'cause Ted seems to be sleeping - hmmmm, I wonder what that beerey smell is? ;-)

ComeBackKid likes this.
  9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    VB, that is EXACTLY the problem. Depending on which glasses I use, my distance to the stand changes.......................

10. jdostie

jdostie Piano User

Feb 20, 2008
    I made the mistake of taking my prescription to Costco - who originally told me they could transpose the reading portion well, they did that ok, but it's not so good for the distance used with music on a stand. Maybe I just have to get used to it? I spent some decent money on those and haven't even used them, it's easier just to keep the bifocals on and rotate my head around to try to see.