No Motivation for trumpet/Is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trickg, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Hi trickg,
    You already have the answer to this question, you're looking for validation at this point.
    1) Pick one, drums, trumpet, or singing. There are only so many hours in a day and the trumpet isn't a forgiving instrument. If you don't have the time then lose the drums, lose the trumpet, lose the vocal leads or be satisfied with how you are.
    2)While it's good to have a goal, don't pick one that's unreasonable. Your goal for trumpet should be hard but attainable and the time needed to learn should also be reasonable. Or, is your goal to be the drummer or the singer?

While it will be hard because people depend on you to sing and play drums. You got yourself into this predicament, get yourself out. Lop off the silly stuff and get back to the discipline of trumpet. You're a trumpet player for pete's sake.

2. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    I guess that someone, sooner or later, will jump in and
    inform everyone that this thread is a bit more than 6 years old...

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Did you know that this thread is just about 3 weeks short of 6 years old .... nyuk! nyuk! nyuk! - sorry Nordlands, couldn't help it. ;-)

4. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    looks like someone digged old thread

but it would be very interesting to find out what was going on regarding his trumpet playing for the past 6 years. Maybe Patrick will tell us when he sees his tread has popped up again :)

5. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    Trick. It seems you'ver at least partly answered your own question. Musicians switching instruments is a common phenomenon. My old trumpet teacher felt as you do and switched to keyboards and is much better for it. I think the main thing is to not feel gulity about 'abandonning' your instrument for another. I'm having similar feelings and have been toying with getting hold of a tenor saxophone. Whatever you do ,look on it as a new adventure. Good luck.:thumbsup:

6. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    It seems that TrickG must have found an answer sometime during the past 6 years - after all, he is still active on this forum. There's hope for all of us when we feel discouraged.