No Name Pocket Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dustinbryce, Mar 1, 2009.

1. dustinbryce

dustinbryce New Friend

Oct 28, 2006
    Hello,
    I purchased a pocket trumpet from the Sear Wishbook back in the 1970's. I am trying to get some info on it but as yet cannot find anything. The only thing it has by the receiver is Taiwan. I don't know if Yamaha made it for them but it is a real good sounding pocket trumpet. I've tried several other ones including one from LA Sax and none have the easy blowing or the full sound as this one has. I would appreciate it if anyone can provide me with any info, including how much it sold for back then. The horn is in excellent condition with not a ding or dent. The lacquer is worn in some areas and the slides are froze and also the spring on the one spit valve needs replaced but other than that it is in excellent shape.

Thank You,
    Jim

2. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Any pictures ?

3. dustinbryce

dustinbryce New Friend

Oct 28, 2006
    I don't have any at this moment but I will try to take a few today . I'm having a hard time navigating the web site as where to go to for different things. This is really the first time I actually did anything on the site. If I can find how to post a picture I will do so....Thanks

4. dustinbryce

dustinbryce New Friend

Oct 28, 2006
    I just put a picture out there but God knows where it is. I am not a tech person so the site is hard to get around on.

5. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    The photo is in your photo album. Click on your "name" to view your photo album.

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Here ya go Dustin - 1 photo from your album.
    Pocket trumpet looks Taiwanese ROFLROFL

[​IMG]

7. GoodMusic@PA

[email protected] Piano User

Aug 7, 2008
    I don't know if it was the pocket or regular trumpet, but there was a review of these on Brassreview.com look under the miscellanious trumpet brands and look for the sears trumpet... hope that helped..:-)

8. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Seen the picture. This pocket trumpet looks like a Jupiter one, with its Amado water keys. You may google "jupiter trumpet" for more information, aspecially from the factory's site. Glad if this could help you.