Not that this is really news...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Manny Laureano, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
  2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Now THAT'S an avatar!

You got my favorites on the same post...Patton & the Godfather.

Good story too!

-cw-

3. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    interesting...this comes from FOX news....but enough replying to internet topics, I've got homework.

4. BPinard

BPinard Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2005
    Setauket, NY
    I'd like to hear someone say the war wasn't justified now!

:lol:

5. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Saddam must know he is facing the death penalty. Maybe he figured that by confessing, he can speed up the process in order to get his 72 virgins........

6. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    This is all well and good, but where is your righteous indignation about the genecide that has been going on in Dafur? (not sure about the spelling) Didn't we need to go in there and stop the slaughter of a whole people?

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    We could have been there, Mike. 800,000 died in Rwanda and well... here's what Clinton did:

http://www.alternet.org/story/9494/

No conservative diatribe, that. David Corn is anything but conservative.

Meanwhile, in 2003 Darfur blew up while we were fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. Remember, 300,000 Kurds were killed by Hussein by poison gas. During this time Bush had asked repeatedly for the African Union to act as defenders of the non-Arab Sudanese and nothing of any import to save those people.

Iraq's threat, left unchecked was a dangerous one. Sudan was internal genocide. Even Clinton recognized that and said Sadaam had to be taken out. Why? According to Clinton, because of WMD. Yes, he did.

Yes, there is righteous indignation, Mike. Unfortunately for the sufferers, the threat is not aimed at us unlike from Bin laden and what would have eventually been Hussein in a direct manner. His hiding of Abu Nidal and other terrorists was calculated. His financial support of terror is clear (I wonder what else he'll confess to). His training park for terrorists was closed down, the one with the commercial jet fuselage for hijacking practice. His routine payment to families of homicide bombers is well-documented.

Again, there is plenty of righteous indignation but how much can you do at once?

ML

8. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Manny there you go again; making sense. It's about time that you tied half your brain behind your back too.