NTC Natural Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by brian moon, Jan 3, 2006.

1. trumpetera

trumpetera Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2006
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    It's only one of many theories around, but I find the scratches in the pipe quite interresting. They were NOT made by inserting and taking out muthpieces.

Also, the gentleman at the Thein factory told me there were a few differences between "military" trumpets and trumpets used to play music on (ok, fanfares and such are indeed also music!), both in the construction and the way they were played.

Would indeed be fantastic if one of those pipes surfaced one day!

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany

3. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    At the Egger factory, you can try both and the difference in "lipability" is amazing. Technically this makes sense too as a more "perfect" tube will have a greater resonance and therefore greater resistance to deviating from those resonant frequencies.

4. trumpetera

trumpetera Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2006
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Would indeed be interresting! I've herd that Egger makes a 4 hole model, that I'd love to try.

When I said that it would be nice if oeof those pipes surfaced, I meant one of those "corrcion-slides", though!

5. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I am not sure that Thein is right (not only concerning this). It is possible without any technological trick to get good results. Mr. Madeuf plays holeless and satisfies the most critical ears with his intonation. The dedication required to reach and maintain that level is very great however.
    I think the 3 and 4 hole models will give us most of the sonic benefits in a package more suitable for the players wanting to maintain more modern instruments too.

6. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    I say we all meet in Gothenburg, Sweden and discuss this over beer and good food.

I must have killed the thread. I noticed Trumpetera is in Gothenburg. If any of you get a chance to visit that city, you must. It is beautiful.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008