NTD Severinsen Greg Adams Model!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by saxophonist56, Dec 2, 2016.

1. saxophonist56

saxophonist56 Piano User

Apr 12, 2013
    modesto ca 95350
    [​IMG]subefotos
    [​IMG]imagen

Probably the finest Bb i've ever played. Nice lightweight. Huge tone. 91 model. a shame these aren't produced any more. i a/b'ed it against a regular 54 model severinsen and thought this was clearly better. not too big a blow like my other large bore. came with two slides. consider myself lucky to find this guy.the custom valve stems were installed when the laser pva was done. [h=3]Bel Canto 59 Greg Adams Model[/h]

2. saxophonist56

saxophonist56 Piano User

Apr 12, 2013
    modesto ca 95350
    interesting...no love for my bel canto? or maybe it's too rare for people to know anything about.

3. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    You got me looking.... never seen one before.

4. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Sorry - I must have missed this thread when you started it, which is unusual since any Severinsen trumpet usually grabs my attention. What you say about it sounds very good so I am happy for you!

--bumblebee

5. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Antalya, Turkey
    I once tried bel canto bell on my spada, it didn't work for me. I don't know if it has anything in common with this bel canto.
    I did not know that Adams has done designer work together with Doc. Doc surely know how to do these stuff. Can we get a sound or video recording?

6. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    I played a brand new large bore Bel Canto several years ago that a friend of mine had made for him. At the time it was hands down the finest trumpet I had ever played. Very fine instrument, and at that point I had played several Selmer Paris, Bach Strad, Getzen Severinsen, Conn 6B, Schilke, and a Calicchio. That Bel Canto was better

7. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    had a Bel Canto in the late 80s [88 or 89], a very good playing horn didn't know that anyone besides Dick Akright and Doc had anything to do with the Bel Canto. learn new things every day.

8. saxophonist56

saxophonist56 Piano User

Apr 12, 2013
    modesto ca 95350
    i guess dick a. was making sure if it got lost it would be mailed back to him......including the correct zip code. lol