NY Trumpets - a couple of questions...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, May 5, 2005.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

I have had occasion to browse the NY Trumpets site. They seem to sell a variety of trumpets from various manufacturers. The Paheton, for example, was designed by Wayne Tanabe. He farms the work out and then markets the horns.

What I am curious about is which trumpets are NY Trumpets? Which ones are designed and manufactured by NY Trumpets?

Also, is there an email address for Felix Vayser? When I clicked on the contact link on the web page my PC wnet nuts, and I couildn't even read it.

Thanks in advance!

Peace.

Nick Drozdoff

2. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Mr. D,

Heres Felix's email.

[email protected]

The website is newer, and some things still may be glitchy. You may find that using the PM system through here is an easier method to contact him. I generally use the PM myself, my hotmail is ridiculous sometimes. His username here is NYTC.

Stage Ones are Felix's brand. Felix does not do all of the work in shop, though he does some fine leadpipe/tune slide work. He farms out his models like Wayne does with the Phaeton. Felix only uses European craftsmen, since he can keep the cost generally below the $4000 mark this way without sacrificing the quality he looks for.

Hope this answered your question!

Van

3. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Has Felix registered "Stage One" as atrademark? I noticed that Fred Powell's new company, TrumpetTech, is also selling horns called "Stage One", "Stage Two" and "Stage Three".

I see confusion on the horizon. :-?

4. NickD

NickD Forte User

How about the Customs?

They have a section marked "Custom." Are those NY Trumpets?

ND

5. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Ahh, yes. Felix not only offers horns that are hard to find, if not nearly unknown to the western world, but he can have horns modified by these european makers!

For instance:

Say, you have a Yamaha 7 series, and you want to move up to a Taylor horn. However, you just don't have the money to buy a new Taylor.

[​IMG]

BOOM (As John Madden would say)! A Taylor-modified Yamaha (Felix called this one "Zenith," you can just barely see it on the reciever)! Now you've got a horn that plays with both the characteristics of a Taylor and Yamaha, for a *much* more agreeable price.

Felix offers a wide, WIDE array of various horns and styles, and has a lot of farm stock to choose from. Would you want a California bell, a NY heavy-reciever pipe, Posseger swoop-slides (What I affectionately call them), Taylor valve block and finger rings, saturn keys, phaeton bracing? It can be done. And I guarantee it could be put together, gold plated by Eclipse, and sold to you for a price that puts some top-tier makers to shame.

*Takes off his plaid salesman blazer* :D

Van

6. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    :shock: :shock:

I also see confusion on the horizon.

Van

7. NickD

NickD Forte User

Thanks!

Thanks for all of the feedback, folks.

ND

8. NickD

NickD Forte User

oops!

Or should I say "Doooughh!"

On a "hunch" I just re-checked the NYTC website contact page, and when I clicked on the email tab, it worked fine - opening up a Microsoft Outlook window just fine. The difference was that I was on my old PC at home instead of at a PC at New Trier High School.

I think the problem I encountered was at MY end on the remote PC at NTHS. It works fine for all my online stuff, but it doesn't properly default to Microsoft Outlook when one hits tabs like this. Instead it opened up about two dozen new Internet Explorer windows and jammed up the PC pretty good. Again, that was not the fault of the NYTC site.

I hope it didn't come off as though I was being critical in ANY way of the NYTC website developers! That was NEVER my motivation. I was just eager to fire off an email. I didn't occur to me, at the time, that my ancient (5+ year old) PC at home would act any differently from my fancy PC at New Trier.

Sorry about that!

Peace, all.

Nick Drozdoff

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I thought Taylor used Bauerfeind valves, same as Eclipse?

10. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Hey Toots, I'm about 95 percent sure that is the case.
    -J