NYC

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Sep 7, 2005.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    So I am going on this NYC trip in Nov (hence my last topic posted)

between $200-300 for transportation (from NB, Canada), hotels, the Met, Lincon center (I think a NY philharmonic rehearsal), MOMA, Carnagoe hall, a broadway musical. - sweet deal if you ask me!

Just wondering IF I have any tourist time to kill in these four days, can any of you suggest a good place to hit being the music geek that I am (Jazz clubs, horn shops etc)

Thanks all

Eric Sproul

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    How about NYTC's trumpet shop? Look up at the banner ad. Check out all the goodies to be found there.

3. ALLCHOPS

ALLCHOPS Piano User

Nov 14, 2003
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    NYTC VISIT!

You would be hard pressed to find a better selection of some of the world's finest horns under one roof!
    Just give Felix a call and tell him when you want to come and when you arrive every horn he has will be laid out and ready to blow...

www.newyorktrumpetcompany.com

Good luck and have a great trip!

Tony

4. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    I will be interested to see which Eclipse you like best, as well as which Stage 1 you feel fit you best!

The new NY model is a SURPRISING beast. I guarantee you'll never feel a darker, concert horn feel like that.

Van

5. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Really? I wasn't aware first of all that you had even tried it, and second of all that it was that dark. You've been keeping me in the dark,Van... :-P