Observations in human nature.....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpet Dreamer, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    I can't help but notice two things since being a member here.

1. Many of the questions posed have already been asked and answered.

2. An individual seeking advice (such as which horn to buy) often times will do what he wants and for the most part ignore the wisdom of the membership.

No big deal really, just an observation.

2. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    1. Have you ever eaten an apple while driving a tractor?

2. Could you please advise which is the better offer to accept - $10 to play for an hour or $2000 to play for two hours?

--bumblebee

3. mrsemman

mrsemman Piano User

Apr 8, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I have spent a lifetime watching people. It was my job. As a retired police officer, I would return home each day, thinking that I have "seen/ heard it all". For thirty years!

My advice is not to concern yourself with what others do, only in what you do. Common sense and the thought process, something lacking in modern society, should guide you, not what someone else believes to be good for you.

There is a great deal of great advice given on these forums, by great trumpet players. It is up to you to glean the advice that pertains to you and your playing.

Vulgano Brother likes this.
  4. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Absolutely!

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    It's kinda scary that we humans consider ourselves to be on the top of the food chain!

(At least violists are beneath us trumpeters!)

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    It's the nature of a forum, any forum, and life in general. Many people when seeking advice are really looking for affirmation of what they have already decided to do. That way, if they fail, they didn't fail alone. Nobody likes being alone. It's lonely. I predict that in the next week or so, someone will ask a mpc question, or, what horn should I buy? I also predict there will be contrary views and advice given. Does that make me a seer? No, it just means I've been around. Is my advice good/the best? I think so, or I wouldn't have given it.;-)

7. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    It seems totally natural to me that the same questions would pop up over and over again (along with the same answers). It's a discussion forumn! And it's not that big a topic!

We could log on and just run endless searches to get the "answers" we want, or to look over the old threads that cover the same subject. How boring would that be???:dontknow:

Turtle

And btw, TobyLou8, what mouthpiece do you think I should try next? Any horn advice? Counted the stars on your trumpets lately?:lol:

8. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    VB, when did you eat your last viola player ?

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I would stick with the monette for now (since you paid more for it than I pay for my horns ROFL). I think the next horn on your wish list should be a LARGE BORE Martin Committee!! They ARE the best horns ever made and anyone that doesn't agree OBVIOUSLY knows NOTHING about trumpets. I just happen to have one I can let go for oh 4G's (way less than a Monette horn). BUT HEY, it's just my opinion! :shock::shock: ;-);-)

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    No stars on my latest Conn. All it has is a "picture" of some weird looking little dude from middle earth playing a flute. WHY OH WHY is a flute player engraved on my trumpet??;-);-)