Observations in human nature.....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpet Dreamer, Mar 3, 2011.

1. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Some of us need repetiton to remember and learn. Even with similar postings, we learn more as discussion threads may be helpful with updated information and useful takes on similar subjects. Most forums have a similar problems and it isn't the end of the world.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

nordlandstrompet likes this.
  2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    TL8,

To the horn advice, I thought you were going to say ... "USE it (to practice)":lol:

Turtle.

3. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Very good observation!

Now I am too afraid to mention the clear plastic Mad Max 10.5 I got off Ebay... I am too afraid to ask if it is a great mpce that would allow my Chinese horn to soar to triple Gs??

Yeah, I better get a thread going on that one, no-one has asked THAT question yet, and most of the members I repect have already made a comment on this thread.... And I would hate to Hi-jack this thread :)

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Well that's a given and I am sure that THAT has already been said in the years TM has been up and running, so why would I ramble on about something that should be obvious to all and has been already said although there are some who say Buddy Rich never practiced and he was one of the best to ever beat a drum and the may try to emulate his lack of practice to never being fatigued and overdoing it. Some athletes aspire and adhere to the Allen Iverson theory of practice (see youtube clip). This kinda reminds me of a Captain Kirk thread although if someone is new to the forum they don't know who he is since he posts at TH (boo hiss) and was someone else here who eventually got banned for his rambling incoherent threads lambasting any and all who disagreed with him. But I digress. What was the question?

5. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    :stars:

T

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Tl8 rofl

7. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Point well taken. I don't like vegetables.

8. mineo50

mineo50 Pianissimo User

Jan 15, 2011
    Barstow, CA
    Again this is a forum and new people come aboard every day. They may not know their question has already been beaten to death:lol:.

As for seeking advice, most folks probably have a path to take in mind and are just looking for validation. Paraphrasing an earlier post, nobody wants to stand alone because it's lonely!

Then of course there are folks who actually need assistance.

9. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

ROFL

(I'm glad I'm not still with the violinist ... she's kick my a^^ for laughing at that.)

Turtle

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I love this discussion, and every post brings out parts of the whole truth about humans' nature. We are rationalizing life forms, thanks to an evolving neocotex. As such we are prone to bias. We must learn how to move pass the bias and objectively review the facts to make the best decisions.

But until mankind can evolve to overcome bias, at least we have bias that keeps us happy with substandard choices are made, as bias will keep us from realizing we could have done better.

Makes me think of the convoluted saying I developed to press this point home - Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice.

Of course that is not true, but the sad thing about it is that some people actually believe that convoluted concept. Why? Bias.