Off to the UK

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Alex Yates, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey everyone! I am off to the UK tomorrow to spend a week with the guys at Eclipse. I am a little anxious, but overall, excited about the trip. They have tightened the restrictions again for carry-on TO the UK as well, so I had my doctor write out a prescription for lip balm and eye drops. They both have official Rx stickers on them from the pharmacy and I have the doctors note. A book, pair of slippers, MP3 player, eye mask, ear plugs - that's all for me.

As far as the trumpets, they are about to be safely packed up in the Pelican case. I decided to take the guts out of my Wolfpak, maintaining the hard siding, and place it into the P case. It fits perfectly with a little slot for music. I will snap a picture tomorrow when it is loaded up with trumpets and post it here.

Take care and have a great week and holiday.

2. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Will you cross paths w/Manny or is he on his way back? Mention my friend Petter's name to Leigh......

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Alex!

Have a wonderful time in England!

Please say "Hello" to Leigh and to Noel for me.

If your real nice, maybe Leigh will take you fishing with him!

Enjoy your time!

-cw-

4. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    See you Tuesday:D

Sadly Manny & Alex miss each other by a couple of days. They (Manny & the orchestra) are off to Helsinki (I think) today.

5. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes Mike, I will see you Tuesday! :-)

Manny and I had a good chuckle before he left about the fact that we would be missing each other by a couple of days. The M.O. is indeed headed to Helsinki and they end up in Switzerland before going home. I am sure they are having a blast.

6. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    It is much more probable that you'll be having nice Indian food than annoying innocent fish...;-)

7. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    Have a great trip. I am anxious to see how you packed the trumpets.

8. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Sche├člitz, Germany
    Alex, send me your blurb and pic and I'll put you up on the site, ok?

-Gazza

9. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How's the trip Alex? Any access to a computer? Maybe trumpetmike can supply pics ;)

Best,

T

10. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Sadly Alex has had no internet access yet so is unable to post - she says "hi" to everyone:D

I have got some pictures but have just had a nightmare trip home, so will leave posting them until tomorrow.

Just has YET ANOTHER lovely day up at Eclipse. I took three students up there and we were greeted with the sounds of Alex and Noel test playing some Bb trumpets fresh off the workbench (literally being brought into the testing room as they were built). One of the students commented on the (very long) drive home that it was great to have two such incredible players playing in the same room - I have to agree - two totaally different players, but both awesome to listen to.

I won't post too much about the day - I wouldn 't want to spoil any of Alex's future posts.

Check back tomorrow for pictures