oh my god, does this really work?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Dec 10, 2010.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
  2. Sturmbill

Sturmbill Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2004
    Virginia
    I tried one at NABBA a couple of years ago. Interesting... It does give your lips a massage, but as to the benefits, well, that's up to you! For me it had no discernible effect.

Bill

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I think in German he was saying, "This a very gimmicky device to sell to gullible American's looking for a quick way to CC! If enough of these are sold I can retire to a Caribbean island cause it gets so fricken cold in Germany in the winter"! ROFLROFLROFL I've actually seen a couple "pro" players trying to unload them because they just don't have time to use them. Sheeez! It fits in your pocket ,but you don't have time to use it?! The fact they were selling them says a lot to me. If you are going to buy it, buy NEW!! Used.., well, it is a vibrator.:oops:

4. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    you see, thats what I thought he was saying. I gotta tell ya though, after tomorrow night I certainly wouldn't mind a good lip massage. (4 gigs before then; 2 all night rock and roll gigs, 1 brass quintet gig, and one concert band christmas concert). Maybe I just need a girlfriend ;) haha

5. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    eisprl
    With all the money you're making gigging you can afford a lip massager. It's much cheaper than a girlfriend. Let us know how it works out.
    -Bobby

6. The Kraken

The Kraken Piano User

Mar 28, 2007
    Gold Coast - 805
    Thats funny, a Lip Vibrator!!!ROFL

7. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    It may be cheaper but not as much fun!

8. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Now let me get this right.
    We're talking about a vibrator possessing a hard protruding metal tip that's placed lightly against the lips, right?
    --
    It's possibly a good idea but I think I'll pass.

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Out of fear that I could get sued for saying what I think, I reserve comment. It is safe to say that I prefer normal practice.

10. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    I looked online at one of the big "internet" shops to see more details about this device and of course it didn't have any reviews and not sure who would pay $115 for this as it was quoted online. From my experience there are 'warm-ups' that specifically get the lips, mouth, etc. warmed-up to be ready to play and to heal yourself from tension/tightness in the lips/mouth area. The only question would be if this somehow more efficiently warms the muscles up better than traditional methods, but I have hard time believing it would work better than breathing exercises, fluttering the lips, and lip buzzing without a mouthpiece, then with a mouthpiece..