OH Remodel

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Chris Houser, May 4, 2007.

1. Chris Houser

Chris Houser New Friend

Jan 11, 2006
    Mpls
    Manny -
    Now that the word is out about Orchestra Hall getting a face lift, would you care to give us your thoughts about the project. As I understand it, most of the work will not affect the orchestra at all, but how about the adding of seats/choir loft behind the orchestra? How will it feel having some of the audience sitting in back of you and being able to look over your shoulder (when can I reserve these seats!!!)? How much will all of this change the sound you hear on stage or what is heard in the hall?
    Looking forward to Sunday's MYS concert, see you then.

Chris

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    ML

3. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Manny,

Is just the inside being redone, or the lobby area as well (its rather crowded at times for those of you who have not been there).

Also, how will the audience behind you hear you since your Monette projects to the back of the hall? ;-)

Greg

4. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  5. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I have heard several concerts in that hall and it has become one of my favorites acoustically. Plus, I love the icecubes in the back. :D I really hope the facelift doesn't mess with the acoustics. (fingers crossed)

6. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    Same here, it is one of the better halls build during that time period (60's-70's) My fear is that doing things in the rear of the stage will mess with the acoustics. I do hope they retain the same acoustician that built the place.

Yes they are planning on expanding the lobby area.

7. GordonH

GordonH Mezzo Forte User

May 15, 2005
    Scotland
    Traditionally the seats behind the orchestra are cheaper so thats where the music students sit.