OK, here we go again

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dean_0, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Not just F; dubba C too! :lol:

2. Tarh331_Dad

Tarh331_Dad Piano User

Jan 14, 2014
    And after he hits that Dubba C, tell him to hit on every single chick at All State [except for the fat ones].

Also, tell him to date every single flute player in his school band.

Except the fat ones.

Although my high school was so awesome that we didn't have any fat chicks in the flute section.

Just babes.

Elkhart 38B + All Cass Milford + Dubba C = Babe Magnet.

You only live once, kid.

3. JRgroove

JRgroove Mezzo Piano User

Apr 8, 2014
    Kansas City
    I sure like my Getzen :wub:

4. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Regarding Getzens, IMO one of the best values out there and pretty much unsung are Getzen Capris.
    There are quite a few available at the moment on eBay at around $500.00, give or take.

5. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    How bout a nice silver Holton? What's wrong with fat chicks? Or any woman for that matter, they will all drive you nuts in the long run! Want a babe magnet? Uncle Sam stocks them for every 18 year old male in America, it's called a uniform! And I got to wear one of the strongest ones, the Navy. To gain much proficiency behind the horn don't leave much time for the girls. Besides I can make an awful sound on a violin but had enough game to still magnetize! See the beauty in all things and you'll probably spend less time wanting to "F" this or that, and once that tension or hatred is released your playing will likely get better

6. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Looking great in Navy gear is relative. In "The Way We Were", Robert Redford looked so great in Navy whites -I- almost fell in love with him. (And I'm straight.)
    On the other hand, in whites I would look like Wimpie dressed in Popeye's clothes. :-o

7. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Shhh....be quiet wise one! You are not meant to tell anybody about that little gem.
    But fully agree - if the 700 is just out of budget, the Capri is a great alternative - golly gee; there I go telling everyone too = be quiet, zip my gob!

8. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Even though my own horn, at the time, was a CONN 15B Director, the one I was assigned at school was a Getzen 300.

I really liked it.

When it came time to buy my first pro horn I had a good long hard look at the Eterna Severinsen. I was also looking at the CONN 60B, but wound up with a Model 25 Strad.

9. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    I vote Getzen as well.

tarh331_dad: You really need to curb your rhetoric. There are young impressionable folks on this board. And some not so young. This is no place for your thoughtless comments related to gender or body size. I truly hope you will go back and edit those posts.

10. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    In today's world of Middle School, SILVER IS KING. Used silver plated horns are a better bang for the buck. Although most of my horns are lacquered, I used silver plated horns in the past. It just so happened that the horns that I was looking for were bare brass or lacquered when I found them. I don't know your budget, but 600-700 USD will buy a very nice silver plated horn. Brands that I have used and can recommend are: 1.) Getzen Eterna 900 (Getzen Severinsen model, 2.) Bach Stradivarius Model 37 or 25, or 3.) Benge Claude Gordon model. The above are understood to be in silver plate finish.
    I can recommend these horns by personal experience, and the brands are such that no peers will be disparaging about the horn. That is important at this age.
    Good luck