OK time for dumb question # *->@

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anthony, Oct 15, 2015.

1. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    The Bach-branded modern equivalent (if it's even close to an earlier formula) works well, too - saved the ill-fitting slides on my Musica-Steyr cornet from re-seizing...

2. Culbe

Culbe Forte User

Jul 25, 2014
    Normal
    For some reason, a lot of forum posters have a punctuation deficiency in their diet.

3. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    cause we're all in a hurry to write fast so we can go practice hey why should I be concerned about BlueJuice

4. bigtiny

bigtiny Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2005
    Same here. It's a little messy, but it's cheap and you can find it in any pharmacy. BTW...cork grease for a sax will work fine too...

bigtiny

5. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    When you write like that, we really do not know exactly what you are asking. This is because the reader has to interpret what you have written. As you have been too lazy to write in a manner where we know what you are asking, we can be giving a lot of bad advice. It really is like getting a piece of music with no Key Signature, no notation, no bar lines and no Time Signature - No Hope!

Pull up your socks, we deserve better.

Kujo20 likes this.
  6. bigtiny

bigtiny Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2005
    I don't know why anybody would be worried about using valve oil (other than it won't work very
    well for very long). The oil you put on your valves ends up moving through the whole instrument
    anyway. We're talking about lubricating two brass surfaces here that, compared to like a machine or
    something, don't even get moved that much. It's metal, you know? It doesn't have to be babied!

bigtiny

7. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    Well Honky dory we got here a bunch of English majors hey. ....what everybody is getting anal here lately.

8. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    No, we just want to be sure to be giving you the right advice, and the information is what you are asking about.

It is just a simple requirement. Write like you speak - that may help you.

9. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    That's just out of line.

10. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hi, went to my local shop to buy some valve oil. Blue Juice & I also need grease. For my valves most of the time they never seem to need grease. But today, they said "They had it!" But I am not too sure. They had Herco cork Grease the Salesperson said. It can be used for Brass. But it says Woodwind - Huh? Anybody - Did I get suckered?

Was this what you meant to say...?