Okay so beware over much fiddling

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Cornyandy, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Ed I don't know whether it's any help but I find the free software "Muscore" a bit easier to use than the costly alternatives, just a thought Pal.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. One of my "tutees" has just joined his public (paid for) school band about 2 years ahead of the rest of the school so I am pleased. He's also thriving in a junior Brass Band.

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I've been doing a little tutoring of our former band director's son in tuba (well, Sousaphone) and now this young fella and my eldest boy will have to fight over the Sousaphone for ANZAC Day of the 25th April - hmmmm, unless I can find another Sousaphone?

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I personally was just starting 8th grade when I got my ticket punched to join my high school band thus I had 5 years of high school band, but it did give me 2 years playing in the band with my now late brother. Never again will I have a 30 inch waist as I believe I was then issued females trousers that just didn't fit right ... well at the time our uniforms had been so extensively altered by others that about everyone complained that they didn't fit right and our shako hats had seen far better days. My brother had graduated before we got brand new uniforms including billed military styled hats ... and seemingly my head is also bigger now.

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I've recently acquired 2012 edition of Finale, loaded it on my computer and printed the volumous operational manual. Having used earlier editions that belonged to others, I thus have some familiarity other than the whiz bangs that may have been added in this edition. To be succinct, I've been just procrastinating in preparing the music for the boys' Christmas caroling song O Little Town of Bethlehem 4 trumpet part rendition. Either it will be in their hands by Wednesday, November 7, 2012 or my name will be "MUD" (Made Up Delivery time).

Certainly, any instrumental music student one has had that achieves advancement or fame, makes their teacher/tutor proud and gratified, but factual statistics are a down to earth reality that very few will unless they themselves make the stupendous effort. The best I can provide is the "Map" giving them the course and direction, but they themselves must make the "trek". Moreso, all I want to instill is their lifetime enjoyment of music whether they are a player or listener.