Old Lou RIP 1-16-2014

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by sounds7, Jan 28, 2014.

1. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Sad news. He had my complete respect as the authority on things York. He has been and will be missed

2. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    Great guy oldlou. He will definitely be missed and his knowledge was well respected.

3. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    A wonderful man who will be genuinely missed by all Lets give him one last challenge, get Gabriel off that blasted Oboe on back onto a Horn where he should be (a York of course)

RIP to a true gent of the forum

4. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
    Rip

5. Osren

Osren Mezzo Forte User

Oct 17, 2010
    Mesa, Az
    I will miss OldLou.... such a kindhearted wielder of York trumpet and cornet knowledge that freely shared all that he could with anybody that simply asked....

I've oftentimes wondered about him in the last year and a half since his last post here.... and I dreaded the day when the announcement of his passing would arrive. God speed OldLou, show'em how it's done up there...

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Truly a loss for the trumpet community, but a gain for HIS spirit. He no longer needs to suffer in a worldly way. Dealing with Living and Dying are a very big part of what makes humans human. I wish Lous family the power to see the good in his passing!

7. ReynoldsC

ReynoldsC Pianissimo User

Dec 13, 2009
    Jackson, Missouri
    From one York fan to another, he will most definitely be missed from all our lives.