Ole Edvard Antonsen

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Jimi Michiel, May 7, 2005.

1. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Anybody heard of this guy? I found a CD by him in the NEC library and, although not what I'm used to, it's really good. He does an interesting Honegger Intrada. Also, the Francaix Sonatine is on there, as well as some "new music." I don't think the CD has a name, its just self-titled.
  2. adohanian

adohanian Pianissimo User

Feb 27, 2005
    Yeah, he's a really great player. He has a couple of other cds that are worth a listen if you get a chance. One has Haydn, Hummel etc., one is a trumpet and organ recital and he has a really interesting recording with Wolfgang Swallisch on piano that has Hindemith, Legende, Rustiques, Tomasi Tryptique and a bunch of other stuff. The interpretations are really interesting, the trumpet playing is great and the piano playing is a revelation. I've actually listened to the Hindemith to hear the piano part. I've never heard the end of the 1st movement so clean or make so much sense. So, I guess this is a long-winded way of saying he's pretty good.

By the way, the Air de Bravoure on the cd you mentioned has some of the cleanest triple tounging I've ever heard.
  3. Johntpt

Johntpt Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2004
    Toluca, Mexico
    He also recorded one of my favorite Shostakovich Piano Concertos with the Berlin Phil and Mariss Jansons.

4. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Certainly have!!!

We are working with Ole at the moment on the Large bore C trumpet for him.

I flew to Norway several weeks ago to hook up with him and get a feel for what he wants, he is an amazing player and a very nice guy.

I hope i can get it right for him?

Hi brother already plays both an Eclipse Bb and an Eclipse Flugel, his name is Jens petter Antonsen, he is also a very very good player indeed.

Ole though should be coming over to the Eclipse workshops within the next 6 weeks or so to fine tune the C for him i hope.

He has almost 300 tour dates this year alone so if you get a chance to hear this guy you should do your best to make the gig as he will blow you away trust me.

Best Wishes

5. iguananaught

iguananaught Pianissimo User

Mar 10, 2005
    I heard him live in 1991. I don't remember the entire program, but he played the snot out of the Fasch and made Friedman's Solus sound like a Rubank book exercise. Great player! I have the CD with the Hummel and stuff on it. Awesome pic playing. I think after Andre, he is my favorite pic player.

6. josephus07

josephus07 Pianissimo User

Feb 19, 2005
    Friedman has endorsed Antonsen's recording of Solus as top notch.