olympic sized KACK

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by CHAMP, Aug 14, 2009.

1. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    who played the kack...bergeron? charley davis? malcolm mcnabb?

2. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Which one? There were several! But you know what? I bet they had the time of their lives and probably more than half of the audience was music il-literate and didn't notice.

Btw, it was Sue Ellens' brother John Bob in Section 236, row 119, seat H. He says he was looking for parking and didn't get a good warmup in.

HAHAHAHA

3. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Who cares? Dwelling on the clams is a complete waste of time - even if YOU did it. It's lousy music too.

v

4. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    yeah, that fanfare is complete crap...who would want to listen to that?

i like the last note the best...the flat 7 that echoes through the stadium...

MJ likes this.
  5. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    I'm not knockin' it. I don't knock anyone who makes more $$ than I... and right now, thats about 99% of y'all! HA!

6. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    I think someone forgot to have the "when in doubt leave it out" conversation with that group.

7. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    MJ, Sir... with 200+ trumpeters in a stadium... I think you can have that conversation until you're red in the face and no one will listen! HAHA.

"MY mouthpiece has a DHC in it!" "Hey Bob, let's take the ending up an octave!" "blah..."

8. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I was there. I guarantee that nobody in the stands noticed. If it weren't for the replay, we would all be very happy with our memories of 1984 (if we could remember that far back). It was about the spectacle - not the KACK's.

9. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    I used to know a player who played that fanfare. he said that none of them were pros. besides even with the very slight crack, it still souded very good. besides it was written by John Williams

10. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Jeeze this is a tough crowd! I think it was more about the event than the trumpet playing...