olympic sized KACK

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by CHAMP, Aug 14, 2009.

1. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Am I missing something here? I do not see a repeat post anywhere.

2. PhxHorn

PhxHorn New Friend

Apr 20, 2011
    I know this is an ancient thread, but I stumbled upon it via a google search for a herald case. Anyway, a bunch of the college players were from Purdue University, whose marching band at the time was directed by the late Bill Moffit (who was assisting with the direction of the heralds in some capacity). I went to Purdue the following year, and the ones who went were still talking about it for years after. I'm still in touch with a few of them. They did mention they were playing the lower parts while professionals were playing the higher ones.

Several years ago, Horntrader had one of the stamped Olympic heralds for sale for $700. At the time, a brand new one cost about $450, and I tried to talk him down, but he was of the opinion that the Olympic stamp was worth another $250. I passed on the horn, but apparently it sold, so maybe he was right. Who knows.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  3. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    with all the cult references in the olympic ceremonies one would think they would take the shear number of horns to at least 100 and get biblical with it.

4. Phillydawg

Phillydawg New Friend

Jul 14, 2009
    SoCal
    WElp....NONE of those guys were involved, LOL. That I know of anyway and I was there as one of them. Middle tier on the left towards the center. :)

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Always liked that fanfare. Can't imagine the "joy' of playing with a flappin' flag. Thanks for reviving this zombie!

6. blaser

blaser New Friend

Apr 4, 2011
    your playing what has been stated above as a 450 dollar trumpet,thats not yours...with a bell 3 times further away than you are used to..with a BIG flag attached flappin in wind.in an enormo dome...with screaming people all around you and ,what is that 19 other trumpeters... and you expect it to be perfect????????????