Olympus Selling Well ...

Discussion in 'Horns' started by MUSICandCHARACTER, Feb 9, 2004.

1. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    and therefore they are in short supply. If you want to get your hands on the most exciting "superhorn" to come along in a while at a incredible price, I would recommend contacting a dealer soon and putting a deposit down on the finish you want. Several have already put deposits down. You may have to wait 3 or 4 weeks, but it would be worth it.

My guess the second round will sell out quickly, especially the unique finishes.

M&C

2. dmb

dmb New Friend

Nov 6, 2003
    Hey Jim,
    You are right. The Olympus is selling like crazy. I had a copper bell that I sold today. I was going to keep it for myself. Well this guy drove 2 hours to test it out. He said he wanted one so I told him I would put him on the list, and then he pulled out the cash. Seems he knew he wanted to buy it before he got here. Now I have to get on the list. I miss it already.

3. Reverend

Reverend Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    Greater Houston area
    That's right folks - these horns are selling - FAST!

I'm going to try to "introduce" them to the attendees at the TMEA, which starts tomorrow!

If anyone is in the San Antonio area, this is your chance to try out a few ZeuS trumpets (ZTR 250, ZTR 900, ZTR 1000)!!!

Blessings,

4. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2003
  5. Zachary Music

Zachary Music New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    You are an idiot Seth.

Alex is not selling anything on ebay. Alex is promoting on ebay. He is getting over 800 hits in less than 4 days and getting tons of email and selling lots of trumpets. Alex needs to put in a new large order of Olympus tomorrow.

I can’t reach you but would you kick yourself for me Seth. A stupid person like you deserves a kick.

Alex

6. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2003
    Alex (AKA flavor of the month) surfaces again

Alex wrote - "Alex is not selling anything on ebay. Alex is promoting on ebay."

Pretty funny Alex. Lets see now. The winning bidder will receive $ 1500 worth of "promotion" because you are not actually "selling" your horns on eBay ? Didn't we just hear from you a couple of weeks ago that neither you or any of your dealers are selling product on eBay ?????? Alex ma man - I'm afraid your credibility is less than zilch - It's negative zilch :(

"He is getting over 800 hits in less than 4 days and getting tons of email and selling lots of trumpets. Alex needs to put in a new large order of Olympus tomorrow."

Then we can expect to see a ton of bids on your eBay auction - right ????

Seth Moore

7. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Zachary Music said:
    Alex is not selling anything on ebay. Alex is promoting on ebay. He is getting over 800 hits in less than 4 days and getting tons of email and selling lots of trumpets. Alex needs to put in a new large order of Olympus tomorrow.

Actually Seth,

I think it is a reasonable question. Alex is not the first to do this. I remember when WWBW came out with their Allora line of trombones. A professional horn with a Thayer valve (a big deal in the trombone world). I called them to find out who made it and why it was a professional level horn. They would only say they couldn't tell me who "the old world craftsmen are" and that it was a professional horn because it was well made, had a Thayer valve, and miniball linkage. Right. So within a week they had this new deluxe professional horn up on eBay for about $100 less than the catalog price. It didn't sell.

BTW, we found out later the VMI of Germany was the maker. It took a little detective work.

WWBW, Music 123, Jim Laabs, and many other stores constantly put things up on eBay for full price. They don't sell (generally), but they get the details looked at. You pay the fee. If it is blatant advertising with nothing real to sell, eBay frowns on it. But if it is just priced at full retail or overpriced, well, it works as inexpensive advertising.

Now I do not speak for Alex. But the principle of this action is at least explained from my viewpoint.

M&C