On edge with this trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DLP08, Sep 2, 2007.

1. operagost

operagost Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Spring City, PA, USA
    He fixed his chop problem, changed his name to Chris Botti and is now worth a cool $8 mil.

2. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Jeanne,
    Welcome back!! We have followed your harrowing story in Haiti since the earthquake and hope that things have improved some for you and your efforts there.

Sometimes when things become too traumatic, time seems to slow down, so you're excused for resurrecting this thread. We've all done it.

Let us know how things are going.

Kris

3. mrsemman

mrsemman Piano User

Apr 8, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I had a similar problem, which I solved by getting the P.E.T.E. or you could use the pencil exercises. This aids in developing the muscles at the corners of the mouth, and surprisingly, helps loosen the chops in the center. Before, when I buzzed the mouthpiece, I got nothing but air, so I wouldn't do that as part of my warm up. It seemed like I needed more back pressure to get the buzzing sound. I bought the BERP or used the Wicks practice mute.

After using the PETE for several months, I was able to get a good buzzing sound from the mouthpiece, and have since used buzzing as part of my warm up. I can now do the scales up to high C.

Try it. Take your time in using the pencil or PETE, and concentrate on breathing.

Gary