"On the road agin..."

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Gentle Sight Readers,

Boy, this forum has been buzzing lately... just in time for me to do a bit of travelling. I have a solo gig to play in Rochester, MN and I'll be tied up until Sunday evening but the weekend has traditionally been quiet so I'll check in when I get home.

By all means, please continue to send in queries and quandries. Just know that I won't be able to get to them until later.

Until then...

...play nice.

ML

2. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Hi Manny, Did not make it out to the Master class, went and saw Hargrove, Hancock, and Brecker at the Northrup on Sunday...very intense show. I want to take my neice to the MO but would like to go when you do alot of soloing( IN OTHER WORDS WHEN THE TRUMPET SECTION DOES ALOT OF PLAYING) I have never been to an orchestra and I want her to hear some professional orchestral trumpet. Could you recommend what would be a good concert to go to. Thanks very much :-)

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Phat,

Check out the Minnesota Orchestra website but I think we're going to be playing Pictures at a Exhibition pretty soon with one of my favorite conductors, Roberto Abbado (yes, he is Claudio's nephew!).

I think she would very much enjoy that show and I would be happy to meet both of you if you would bring her backstage.

ML