Once again Manny...AWESOME

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by loweredsixth, Nov 15, 2005.

1. loweredsixth

loweredsixth Pianissimo User

Mar 11, 2005
    Fresno, California, USA
    Manny, I've just seen that Monette video for about the 100th time, and every time I watch it you stand out from the rest. You truly have a gift, and it is definitely apparent that you put a lot of hard work into your craft. You really sound great man.

...just thought I'd share :D

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Your kind acknowledgement humbles me. Thank you.

ML

3. joshuasullins

joshuasullins Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2005
    Silverdale, WA
    Yes, Manny and Patrick Hession are my favorites on that video. I wish that I had gotten to hear more from Scotty though! Great job Manny. Your double tonguing is amazing. I have never been able to do it.

V/R
    Joshua

4. loweredsixth

loweredsixth Pianissimo User

Mar 11, 2005
    Fresno, California, USA

People don't get acknowledged enough for their hard work. Assuming you were not one of these "natural virtuoso trumpet players" (if those really exist,) you must have put in some real time studying and honing your craft.

5. gringoloco

gringoloco New Friend

Feb 15, 2005
    Merida, Yucatan
    I deffinately think "natural virtuoso" players exist. I know a few of them....working selling computers. You still have to put the work in. Manny is both (so it seems). Un-exploited talent is ancient and everywhere. It's about the work you put into it (mentally as well as physically) and the patience you have for the positive outcomes.

Sure, there born that way. But, if they want to be succesfull, they have to take advantage. That's why the rest of us can be great as well.

Hard work.

That's just my 10 cents.