One day you can just play the horn.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SmoothOperator, Dec 19, 2011.

1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Great .......... enjoy the moment ............ now, get on with your practice.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    So now it sounds like you are ready for the next phase.

3. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    He's right One day you can play the horn. It's the other six in the week that spoil it.

4. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    Is that a German word? Improve listening skills check. Eventually I want to be able to listen to Wynton, and say man he is really over-blowing that tone.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Nope, adequatitus is not a german word. It is a rowuk word and means only giving a crap enough to get by.............. In my presence, it is a lethal character trait.

6. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    I have a sign up in my office...
    "Good Enough Is The Enemy Of Greatness"

Some day you may walk into the gig and see this on the stand.... ruh roh.... should kept practicing!
    and if you get REAL good.... you can sit around and read the paper in between takes so you don't get bored.

[​IMG]

7. AKtrumpet

AKtrumpet Piano User

Jun 4, 2010
    Alaska
    Oh man.. this post and the last, and the way he responded. Classic.

8. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    Those pesky flute players.....even took the time to white-out "flute 1" and write in Bb Trumpet.....got to watch them all the time.......sneaky critters:roll:

9. iw63boomer

iw63boomer New Friend

Dec 12, 2011
    Chicago and other places
    Somehow, after awhile, the ‘light bulb’ does seem to go off. I try to keep careful logs of my practice sessions. I log tempos, material practiced, times, etc. I also make notes of things I need to be concerned about, or directions I need to head in. Looking back over the logs, I can really see progress over a period of time. It is very encouraging!

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    a clam is a smelly note that sounds like you played it underwater --- it just kind of clams up a bit, and the sound doesn't come out very well --- and that is the trumpet's fault mostly -- but it gets blamed on the player.
    uhhh - NO -- I don't need a "shrink" to psychoanalyze my grey matter and how it functions --- ROFL ROFL ROFL