One Minute Trumpet Players Survey!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Keith Fiala, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Endurance, articulation, and speed. Seems my lip, fingers, and eyes can't quite get it together like they used to. sound is fair to good, upper register is almost back to what I can remember( never was a screamer). getting practice time is hard, life just seems to get in the way, even though I'm retired. Worst is the eyes, those little scores for marching band music!:shhh: Them dots is awful small, and trying to get the bi-'s right sometimes screws up the position on the the old em!
    Have seen some progress lately, did two concerts at our county fair this weekend with alumni bands. About 36 songs total between the two, lip felt set upon after, but held up fairly well. Also did four hymns at a church Sunday morning on our C trumpets including a descant on one of them. It's coming along, but slowly............Buck:oops:

2. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Making sure to "sing" through the horn and not just blow through the horn.

3. JazzyTrumpetplayer

JazzyTrumpetplayer New Friend

Mar 24, 2010
    I don't really have any big problems so I'm going to have to say, The pressure that I use. I wish I didn't use that much. But really I don't use to much!

4. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Hi Guys,

Hope Vulgano has a sense of Humour. On page on he mentioned putting the horn to his face and sucking. I have to admit for a moment, I thought he was making a different point about not being able to play, just had to share that. Genuinely I mis read it

My main problem has been speed of fingers on semiquaver runs, but there is a cure and we all know it

Cheers

Andrew

5. Mark B

Mark B Pianissimo User

Aug 20, 2010
    Redlands, CA
    Amen, brother, +1.

I was going to say I had no issues since I'm the best there ever was, but I like Buck's line best. Way, way, way closer to the truth, too!ROFL

Mark