One year later

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Alan Dismukes, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Alan Dismukes

Alan Dismukes Piano User

Oct 16, 2007
    Alabama
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you on TM!

I am celebrating 1 year on the comeback trail this week. I have scarcely missed a day of playing, and have been taking lessons since June. I am having a ball! I am playing music that I once thought was beyond my ability and look forward to continued improvement.

Being part of the TM forum has been a great source of encouragement and inspiration. Not being in a band, TM gives me the peer support that I otherwise would lack.

Thanks, guys! :D

Alan

2. Brass crusader

Brass crusader Mezzo Piano User

Congratulations! Keep practicing!

3. mrmusicnotes

mrmusicnotes Piano User

Nov 11, 2007
    N.Y.C.
    Hey Alan,Great work.Your only going to keep getting better with that kind of attitude.I"ll keep my eyes open for some of your future recordings!

4. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Alan, way to go!!

:thumbsup:

5. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Keep at it Alan, glad to hear you are doing well. Hope you can find a group to play in some day. Waiting for your next vintage horn purchase. Not many to investigate lately. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, also.

Don't Gobble up too much Turkey and goodies today. (Hope I can follow my own advice.):dontknow:

6. Alan Dismukes

Alan Dismukes Piano User

Oct 16, 2007
    Alabama
    Actually, I have another vintage prize on the way! I'll share more details when it arrives! ;-)

7. EdMann

EdMann Mezzo Forte User

Sep 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Hey Alan,
    Coming up on 2 years for me in February. I spent many months playing alone in our guest room avoiding my family, and group embarassment before jumping into the band scene and now it's somewhere around 5 rotating bands, some other occasional groups. Ya gotta do that. Practicing can be fun, but performing... nothing like it. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Ed
    MySpace.com - Ed Mann - 51 - Male - LA, California - www.myspace.com/jazzlips

8. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Nice work!