Online Classes

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Maurito Sosa, May 24, 2011.

1. Maurito Sosa

Maurito Sosa New Friend

May 10, 2011
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Hey guys,
    I was wondering if any of you have already tried online classes with webcams.
    I have a great teacher here in Brazil, but I´m very curiouse about other teacher´s aproaches and was considering to take some online classes, but since this is very costly I don´t want just to give it a shot.
    My main goal now is to form a proper embouchure since I know I have many harmful addictions on my playing.

I looked for this answer in the forum and learned that one of us is also a online teacher, so it would be cool also to listen from the teachers perspective..

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    There is so much going on with the body that I cannot imagine embouchure lessons over the web.

Maybe some of the musical aspects, phrasing, articulation would be possible, but body use and chops are too big and the internet simply does not have the bandwidth to transport my "feelings" about a players total state.

3. Maurito Sosa

Maurito Sosa New Friend

May 10, 2011
    São Paulo, Brasil
    thanks man! think I will keep on with my classes for longer and than try someone online!

4. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I agree with Rowuk. My regular teacher is someone local, that I see in-person. However, I have taken a couple online lessons from people.

IMHO, an online lesson could be beneficial, if there is something unique the teacher has to offer, you are limited by distance, and there's no way to get the same teaching locally. In that case, an online lesson, even with it's limitations, would have some benefit.