Online Lessons

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpet Dreamer, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    As a new trumpet student with 8 weeks total experience under my belt, I wanted to chime in on the issue of online (Skype) lessons as it seems some here do not think they are valuable. First there is the convenience factor, and second, you have a wide range of instructors to choose from. Now I'm not going to claim they are as good as a face to face in person lesson, but they are the next best thing. I have found a very good instructor (Keith Fiala) who has demonstrated a lot of patience and good teaching skills in working with me. If you are not satisfied with your local teachers, try the online method. I think you'll be surprised at how good of a tool it can be. Just do not be too quick to discount the value of this modern era learning method!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    I agree. I've had very good results teaching web cam lessons. There are some drawbacks such as I can't play duets with my online students. I think that my years of experience help me to overcome the few drawbacks in on line lessons. One the plus side it's nice to know that I can reach more students that can benefit from my skills and experience.