Online Music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by oneeyedhobbit, Jul 25, 2006.

1. oneeyedhobbit

oneeyedhobbit New Friend

Dec 4, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    So I just had my trumpet shipped to me from home. Unfortunately, my parents forgot to include any of my method books or sheet music. I won't have time to get to a music store til the weekend (and I'm unsure where the good ones are in Chicago, any recommendations are helpful), so I was wondering if anyone knew of any place online with anything Etudes or something. I know I've seen some in the past, I just wanted to see if I could score some music to play for the next week.

2. adunker

adunker New Friend

Jun 7, 2006
    Dubuque, Iowa
  3. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Are you at college? You may want to try checking in your library to see if they have anything you can sign out until your books arrive in the mail or UPS or FedEx or whatever. Might save you some cash...

4. oneeyedhobbit

oneeyedhobbit New Friend

Dec 4, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Whoa, thanks Amy, thats a pretty good selection to look at by now. I was also planning on scouring the library, but they're rearranging most of the music collection, so I'm under the impression its unavailale.

5. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Amy, that was very nice of you to post a link to your compositions on the board. I think the Celtic Fanfare would be a nice opener to a recital. ;-)

I would also like to ask about Improvisation on Raga Asavari. Would it be acceptable to you, as the composer, if this were performed on any other trumpet aside from a flugelhorn? I understand how the warmth of a flugel lends itself to this piece very well, but I was hoping to get your approval on a warm sounding Bflat trumpet instead. :-) Thanks again!

6. bigpatg

bigpatg New Friend

Mar 12, 2006
    hey alex sweet is that you i saw on dave monettes site that must have been some experience. i envy you for being there and having a chance to see all the wonders of his world first hand.

7. Dave

Dave Guest

If you didn't find it yet, Carl Fischer on Wabash is a good source for sheet music and method books.