only takes a monette and Adam Rapa as a teacher and you can be amazing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by reedy, Mar 4, 2011.

1. mtbevins

mtbevins Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    "Adam's a great player! I wouldn't mind having a few lessons with him!"

Did you know you can take a lesson from Adam? He does it on line. Got to his website and you can schedule a lesson with him using a web cam.

iBrass

He charges $75 per lesson. :play:

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    ... and just was it I was thinking about picking up this instrument again????
    thanks reedy .. thanks alot ...sheesh :)

3. Satchmo Brecker

Satchmo Brecker Piano User

Jul 19, 2010
    I'll be impressed once I hear the back story for this kid. Is she a child of privilege and wealth basically forced into playing trumpet by her parents (ala Mozart)? Or did she take to it naturally and her parents merely encouraged her? Is that her Monette horn? Or is she just using Adam's?

My point is, just about any kid is going to "be a prodigy" at something if they're forced into it and given every privilege. I'd rather hear about the kid who despite NO parental support, and NO special privilege's still kicks butt to become great.

(And really neither scenario is necessarily a reflection on the kid herself...I'm sure she's a great kid who's trying to do good. That's not in question.)

4. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

She studied with her dad for a while (I believe) and then he realized she needed a more advanced teacher.

She doesn't play on a monette horn (I don't think), but she does play with a monette mouthpiece. That video was shot at the monette shop, so it might be one of the Demo horns, or Adam's.