OPINION: DRUM MACHINES

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by chetbaker, Oct 17, 2005.

1. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    OK...for all of you that have a home studio or experience with drum machines! I would like to know if the Zoom RT-223 Drum & Bass Drum machine has any advantages over the Alesis Sr-16 (except for the obvious of having 12 bass sounds!). I don't need to know the "ins & outs" of the SR-16 as I've owned one since they first came out around 1990. But I WOULD like to hear about the Zoom. Is it as user friendly as the SR-16: does it have better drum sounds: does it have more, or less, storage space; which would you choose, etc. etc., etc.? ANYTHING you could tell me in comparing the two would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
    Butch

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    You mean there are ELECTRIC dummy drummers????

-cw-

3. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Hey B6...don't knock 'em...they show up sober, you can turn them down and they don't talk back about it, and they don't forget their sticks!

I just noticed this...you went from a B6 to a C7! ...(I'm a little slow sometimes)... :-?

4. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Hey ChetBaker

I dont know much about digital drums, but I recently discovered a really cool new instrument. A Midi digital Trumpet! Check this out :cool:

http://www.patchmanmusic.com/mdt.html

Equipment
    Martin Committee Trumpet, T3467RE
    Holton Heim # 2 Mouthpiece

Rick AKA Trumpet Man