Opinions On MF II Mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by richlandlead, Jan 14, 2013.

1. richlandlead

richlandlead New Friend

Jan 10, 2013
    Richland Washington
    I'm a senior in highschool and I have a pretty good range (G above high c consistant usually have the A and sometimes double c) I play on a bobby shew lead (yamaha) mouthpiece and have been for two years. My question is would a mf II be an ok swith?

2. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    You said you have a pretty good range, and if what you are saying is true, you have a good range. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

3. richlandlead

richlandlead New Friend

Jan 10, 2013
    Richland Washington
    I completely agree, but I want a more professional mouthpiece the shew leas is pretty cheapo

4. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    There is NO such thing as a "professional mouthpiece." Bobby Shew still plays his Yamahas if I remember right, but he is no pro I guess.

5. richlandlead

richlandlead New Friend

Jan 10, 2013
    Richland Washington
    Well for wind ensemble. I use a monette 6 and I really like pitch center, tone quality, and general feel of it. I guess what I was trying to say was that I want those monette qualities in a lead mouthpiece.

6. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Well switching from a Yamaha to a Monette is going to be a big change but if you already play a Monette it shouldn't be an issue. Call the shop and ask what they recommend from what you play now.