Our friend Robt. Rowe

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by oldlou, Oct 9, 2008.

1. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    In a telephone conversation with Robt. yesterday I found out why Robt. has been AWOL from this and other forums of late. He is going through a pretty sticky patch right now. His 91 year old mother is suffering from terminal colon cancer and is in the early stages of alzheimers. Robt. moved accross town to a larger house so that he could bring his mom in as a resident with him and his wife and where she can be available for the hospice care that she requires. This has caused a good deal of tension in his home and resultantly Robt. and his wife found it nessecary to seek marital counseling. Being a devout Christian, like me, Robt. asked that I post this message for him and requested our prayers for his mom, his wife and himself. My advice to him was to accept the fact that his mom will soon be gone and that he pray that she not suffer too much in the process. I also told him that his wife is actually his prime concern, and that he should do everything in his power to make her happy now and for the future, because she is his future. He is kept busy for the time being caring for his mom and transporting her to various medical appointments, so he is unable to devote much time to his love of giving his always sound advice to those of us on the computer.

OLDLOU>>

2. patdublc

patdublc Pianissimo User

Jul 20, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Thanx for the update Lou. Robert had told me parts of the same story a little while back. Robert and I first met online in a trumpet forum and soon realized that we both grew up in southern Delaware about 5 miles apart. From there, it was interesting to identify how many people we both knew from the area. As it turns out, he knows my mother and had my father as a teacher when he was in high school. It truly is a small world.
    While we've still never met face to face, I have learned to trust his opinions on horns and enjoy his wit. My best to Robert and family. I look forward to his return to the online community.

pat

3. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Thanks for the update.... hope everything works out for Robert

4. kadleck

kadleck Artist in Residence Staff Member

Feb 28, 2006
    new york
    Thanks Lou. My best to Robert.

Tony

5. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Will be praying for the entire situation. He and his family are under a lot of stress. Thanks for the update.

6. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Very appropriate sentiments Lou. They need all the help that can be generated to get thru this crisis.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  7. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    I will pray for them. Thanks, oldlou, for keeping us in the loop.
    Asher

8. nosray

nosray Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2008
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I do not know Robert Rowe that well, but have read many of his posts, and send my dearest regards to him and his family.

9. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Hmmm, I suspected that was why we haven't heard from him, he had mentioned to me in some emails the situation with his mom, I think this puts a strain on everyone in the family circle. He will be in my nightly discussion with the man upstairs, thanks for the update Lou.