Out!

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by romey1, Dec 26, 2003.

1. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    Out!

romey

2. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yo Romes,

That Curry TF piece is one of the coolest pieces ever made. I recommend everyone getting one and checking out. I use it all the TIME when I get "THE HAND" from the conductor or when I need to take all the edge off my sound.

Best,

Trent
    www.trentaustin.com

3. crazyhorns

crazyhorns New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    NJ/Philly
    Curry TF

Alot of good stuff has been written regarding these pieces. For church gigs, I'll bring a flugel and cornet... along with my B flat tpt. How does the TF sound compare... in comparison to cornet and flugel timbre?
    Thanks . ~Steve Hyde~

4. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    out!

romey

5. crazyhorns

crazyhorns New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    NJ/Philly
    Thanks for the insight, romey..... I just ordered one. I do alot of wedding reception/corporate stuff... with about 1/2 hour of mellow stuff at the beginning of the gig. Looking forward to checking out the TF.
    ~Steve~

6. trumplyr

trumplyr Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Rochester Hills, Mi.
    romey,

I know this is a little late, but, five services ? :shock: My hat's off to you. I did three counting the midnight mass and thought that was enough. Way to go.

Marty

7. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    out!

romey

8. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    I'm probably just horrible at searching for things on the net, which i am, but I cant find this mouthpiece anywhere, what store did you order it from?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    The TF is a real nice piece! Try www.mouthpieceexpress.com or do a seach for Mark Curry on Google and check out his website

10. Larry Gianni

Larry Gianni Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Hi all.

It sounds like the Curry TF is like the Reeves C2J in regard to the cup and overall length.

I do not have a Curry TF , but the C2J I have, has a trum/flug cup and is shorter than a reg. trumpet piece. to make it play in-tune.

Here's Curry's TF link:
    http://www.currympc.com/new_page_3.htm

Here's link to Reeves C2J:
    http://www.bobreeves.com/products/mouthpieces/c2j/index.htm

Mark Curry is an excellent mouthpiece maker and trumpet player.

Did you know he played lead trumpet for Woody Herman and Ray Charles before he started making mouthpieces? used a Benge 6x

Larry