Outraged Czech Cop Shoots at Jaywalker

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by orchtrpt, Jul 20, 2004.

1. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Outraged Czech Cop Shoots at Jaywalker

Associated Press

PRAGUE, Czech Republic - An angry police officer allegedly shot at a man who ignored a red traffic light and crossed a busy street in a southwestern Czech town, authorities said Tuesday. The bullets missed the pedestrian.

The officer in Plzen, 55 miles southwest of Prague, was being investigated by the Interior Ministry for allegedly pulling his gun and firing at the jaywalking pedestrian on Monday, ministry spokesman Petr Vorlicek said.

The unidentified officer fired several rounds after the pedestrian did not react to his shouts of protest, officials said.

The Pravo newspaper reported that the policeman first shot in the air, and when the pedestrian did not react, he allegedly aimed at him and fired two more times.

One bullet hit a passing car, but nobody was injured in the incident, Pravo said.

2. Japle

Japle Pianissimo User

Nov 15, 2003
    Cape Canaveral
    They need to sign that cop up for courses in:

1. Anger management
    2. The legal use of deadly force
    3. Firearms training

3. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    I think jaywalking is quite a big deal in some mainland European countries. Once, when in Finland with a couple of friends, I jaywalked and the local people seemed very shocked. My Finnish friend told me it's something they simply don't do over there.

Having said that, I don't think anyone would think that is an appropriate response!

4. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Gee, I don't know. I think someone ought to give the cop a medal. I live in Tahoe and Jaywalkers constantly ignore the crosswalk and really screw up traffic---which is already awful.

O.K., maybe shoot them with a paintball gun. A bit painful and everybody will know who has sand for brains and doesn't believe in signs!