Over an XBox???!!!!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Alex Yates, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    This happened in the suburbs of Atlanta today. A woman in her 50's waited in the early morning cold outside of a Best Buy store, with other idiots (LOL), to get her hands on an XBox 360. She drove all the way home, got out of her car, checked her mail and when she was returning to her car to retrieve her prized possession a man held a gun to her forehead and demanded the $581 XBox! He had been casing the customers coming out of Best Buy waiting for the least challenging victim to walk out with one of these things. I can't believe this.......

We sure do have our priorities straight, don't we? Pffffffff. :x

2. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    LOL What a story Alex. I am a gamer and have a GameCube, but would never go to such lenghts to get an X-Box 360, specially considering that they are selling for $500 or more. We just got our Gamacube last month and its been out since 2001 LOL. We've been very happy with our Nintendo 64 up till last month. We got the Gamacube to play the Sims 2 which is an incredible game :-)

Something like that would never happen here in Canada. I think Canadians are more complacant and dont over-celebrate like many American citys like New York and LA do. That not to say we arent into cool new technology. Check out this pic...
    [​IMG]
    My wife and I are hooked on the Sims 2 for our Gamecube as it is an exciting and compelling game. But I think We'll wait for the new Nintendo Revolution system that is coming next year. At least Nintendo has the common sence to make their new system backwards compatable so the Gamecubers don't have to scrap their entire costly game collections! Additionally Nintendo's new system the Nintendo Revolution is going to allow users to go online and download classic games from ALL their past systems...Nintendo 64, Snes and even the old Nes titles. Loser X-Box cant even touch that! Microsoft is good at making operating systems, but when it comes to making gaming systems, forget your X-Box 360 and stick with a world leader in games...Nintendo! Heres to you X-Box :bleah:

I've been with Nintendo since their inception in the mid 80's and wil stay with thier beloved non violent charactors such as Mario, Kirby etc

3. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

There are no armed robberies in Canada? Now Canada may be a nice place but you do have crime.

http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/legal02.htm

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    You just bought a Game Cube. :dontknow: Why didn't you opt for the 2600 by Atari?

5. Rick Chartrand

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Hey Brian

Of course we have crime here. I've lived in both America and Canada, and Americans have more of a tendancy to overcelebrate some things. You'd have to be Canadian to understand what I am talking about :cool: Over here we celebrate Thanksgiving, in America you guys celebrate THANKSGIVING :lol:

6. Rick Chartrand

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    We didnt have a reason to buy a Gamecube till last month till the Sims 2 came out on it. When youre talking about a hot title like that, then its time to upgrade!

My wife and I dont believe on wasting money on something just for the sake of wasting it. We need a reason to upgrade :lol:

And the 8 bit Nintendo in the 80's was WAY better than any Atari 2600. Case and point, where is Atari today? In the garbage with your grandpa's old socks mmccourt ROFL