P Bone plastic Trumpet coming soon...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JNINWI, Feb 21, 2013.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    CANT see tuba practice being any worse than trumpet??? DUDE-rubble -- the tuba only has like 5 notes and the trumpet has 54 -- there is a big difference --- MY GOODNESS, how dare you compare the tuba and the trumpet in the same sentence like that??? ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    The slide on the P Bone is the only issue I have with the plastic bone and I can't imagine the valves will work any better than their slide.

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    What are you drinking KT? I Know you know a tuba has more notes than 5 ... like 7 natural.

4. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Methinks he had a tetch 'o shine. According to my Gramps, that stuff dulls perception and gives you delusions of adequacy.

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    If you wake up after a binge, you're still a mess and may find you didn't make it to the outhouse when you shoulda. My Granddad admitted having been a moonshiner until they repealed the Volstead Act. The T-men knew where it was as they could smell it cooking, but the Judge wouldn't give them a warrant to cross another person's land to get to the still. During WWII the copper kettles were dismantled and sold as strategic metals as the market bottomed with all the men in the military. He did tell me the hogs fattened well on the leavin's of mash.

6. keehun

keehun Piano User

Feb 4, 2010
    Minnesota
    if they want to sell this trumpet... they'd better get a better demo video...

7. duderubble

duderubble Piano User

Oct 21, 2011
    Meh, Trumpet pierces through the house, tuba rumbles through the house. Pick your poison. Also Tubas gotta have more than five notes, some of them have six valves.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    this is true -- 5 notes was for the average tuba player -- we have a couple of older guys in our community band who played tuba for 40 years -- and they now have a whole octave -- so that is (with sharps and flats thrown in for good measue) --- 12 notes --- ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. Kendall

Kendall Piano User

Jan 21, 2013
    UK
    My goodness - am feeling the tuba love - I have plenty notes on tuba - it's the counting that's the trick. Many a conductor has shook their head in exasperation at my inability to count to 3.............:oops:

A P - trumpet though that sounds interesting...............

10. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    I had a PVC didjirdoo for a while, I am pretty sure I could get two or three notes out of that.