Parduba mp's

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Decentplayer, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Decentplayer

Decentplayer Mezzo Forte User

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    Has anyone used these mouthpieces?? If so, did you like them?? How do they sound compared to others, such as a bach etc?

2. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
    I've never used one...but I heard Harry James liked his. :cool:

3. trumpet01

trumpet01 New Friend

Jan 13, 2008
    I play on a 4 1/2 parduba. I used schilke 14's of various sizes for quite a while. I really like the parduba. At first my lower register suffered,but after getting use to the cup that improved. It's not going to give you more range,you'll have to work hard like anything else,but it helps with your endurance. It's easy to blow and I use mine for all music on my Bb and my pic. Check on e-bay. from time to time you'll see one at a good price.Hope this helps,Good Luck.

4. Decentplayer

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    Was that the double cup that you used?? I once got a shilke shallow cup and although it was easier for the high register, the sound wasn't nearly as good as say a bach 5C.

5. trumpet01

trumpet01 New Friend

Jan 13, 2008
    The Schilke's were normal cup.Of course the Parduba is a double cup. Jim <><

6. Decentplayer

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    Oh ok. I just saw them online and was wondering what it was like. TY for your reply.

7. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    In my far distant youthful and foolish past, I bought a lot of mouth pieces and found only a couple that suited me personally and also suited my trumpet. Harry James was my trumpeting idol and I was intent to emulate his playing. I bought a Parduba 5 1/2 and a 6 1/2, thinking that if they worked for Harry in his King Silvertone, then, they should work wonders for me in mine. WRONG!!!! I even went to a Buescher Duo-Cup 88D,which was another double cup piece on the market at that time, still no good. I soon discovered that a Bach 7C worked for me then and still works for me now. I sometimes use a 3C, or 5C, but, my experience is that these smaller number Bach pieces do not suit me or most of my horns. Recently, I have been using a York 41 and a 41 1/2 in my cornets with a good bit of satisfaction. They are almost exactly the same as a Bach 7C.

I suppose that what I am trying poorly to say is that for optimum performance you should find a mouthpiece that suits you AND suits your horn.How a given make and model suits someone else has absolutely no bearing upon how you will like it over a period of several years.

OLDLOU>>

8. Decentplayer

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    TY. I was just wondering how it was. I'm using a 5c which suits me fine. I just wondered about it. You read all the hype about something and wonder if it's true or not. Thanks again for reply.

9. olbrneyes

olbrneyes Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2007
    Portland, OR
    I have played a Parduba 5* HJ model that Harry gave me when I was a kid, since 1970. It is definately not for everyone. It is like playing 2 different mouthpieces at once. But if you have the breath control, and a flexible embouchre, it can give you a tone as big as a bus and the ability to cut through any ensemble like a razor blade