Parke mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by dizforprez, Apr 20, 2004.

1. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Anybody use or have any info on the Parke mouthpieces?

2. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    I am currently playing a mouthpiece from the Merkelo line. They sent me several combinations to try out, and I an very happy with the results! I am very conservative when it comes to equipment, and have made few mouthpiece changes in my life, but this one was very good for me.
    My previous mouthpiece was made by Parke also, and was made of various Bach parts. I have been a Parke customer for some time, and can't say enough about how pleased I have been with their service.
    Roy

3. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Thanks for the info, i will probably give them a try sometime in the future but the price tag on them seems a bit high.

4. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    The price does seem steep, but the trial period insures you aren't wasting your money. Dianne Parke is great to work with, and if you can't find a combination that suits you, you can send it back.
    I wasn't unhappy with what I was using ( a 1c rim with different bowl and backbore), so the rim is really the same size on the Merkelo. I just sounded better immediately, so I mailed the other underparts back, and feel that for me it was worth it
    By the way, that was my fourth mouthpiece change in 50 years of playing.
    If you try them. I'd like to know what you think.
    Roy

5. riffdawg2000

riffdawg2000 Pianissimo User

Jan 9, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Jason --

I am in the process of talking with Parke too. I was looking into ordering the 3-piece mouthpieces so I can 'super' tweek them. Work on trying to find the 'right' combination.

Maybe we can get Dianne to send us a bunch of parts .... have back to back lessons with Mark and figure out what we want ...

The only problem is the trial policy ... you gotta put half down on EACH PIECE for them to ship them to you! ... sooooo ... for 3-rims, 3-cups, 3-backbores ... that is like $400-$500 !!!! That is a lot of cash to put down @ one setting ... just to try out mouthpieces ...

6. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

I wish you the best on that. Hey, if you like it that is what really counts.

7. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    hey joel,

what size mpc do you normally play on and what size parke rim were you thinking about trying out? i played on mark's once but i dont remember anything about it.

i am sure we could work something out between the two of us...if you want to go in together and each one of us get some differnt parts that might work, if not i probably will not purse it on my own given the price and i am pretty happy with my current gear.

roy,

i will let you know what i think if i am able to get my hands on one, thanks again for the input.

i am still a bit taken back by the price..i would love to try one but it would have to knock my socks off for me to spend $200 on a mpc.

i am thinking about getting some bach underparts off ebay and trying them with the parke rim, have you given this a shot?

thanks,

jason

8. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    Jason,
    I have not tried the Parke rim on my Bach underparts. It would be interesting.
    Unfortunately the rim is not threaded the same. Jeff could rethread it (I think!), but I don't want to ruin the other mouthpiece.
    Good luck with it!
    Roy

9. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    hmm i think they told me that the thread was the same...i will have to double check on that.

10. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    Jason,
    the threads may be the same now. Parke made my other mouthpiece maybe ten years ago, and it, in part , was putting a 1c rim on a 1b cup. I hope I didn't muddy the water! Sorry!
    Roy