patrick moore plays the xylophone!!!!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by trumpetgirl612, Apr 29, 2005.

1. trumpetgirl612

trumpetgirl612 Pianissimo User

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
  2. Ai_Dygress

Ai_Dygress Pianissimo User

Apr 1, 2005
    IL
    :?: :?: :?:

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    LOL, it's a generational thing, Al. My 16 year old son is spending all his spare time "writing" flash clips these days too. He claims his EIS (computer) mark is 98% (but he has two computers in pieces at home because he can't get them to boot up!). I suppose it has some relevance to training for a possible future career in computers but he says he wants aero-space engineering. Good thing his math and science marks are "up there" too; maybe he has a chance.

I have learned to smile and say (sincerely, of course) "That's wonderful, son. Good Job!" (Hey, if I'd had marks like that in H.S. I'd have been proud of them too!)

4. Ai_Dygress

Ai_Dygress Pianissimo User

Apr 1, 2005
    IL
    Oh, I have no problem with that stuff, infact one of my major projects for work and school is designing a site in Flash. It's great... I love places like www.homestarrunner.com.

I was just at a loss for words :D . I laughed, literally out loud cause it was funny. But it does make me wonder what these people are on when they make some of these.

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Since it's a generational thing and it doesn't strike me as particularly funny, what would the equivalent thing be for my generation (teen years, late 60's early 70's) have been? The kind of thing that our parents would have shaken their heads at and said "I don't think that's particularly funny."

Me no know...

ML

6. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003

ditto :thumbdown:

7. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    I love Homestarrunner.com! Great site.

Weebls is pretty funny too, and so is www.rathergood.com (WARNING: Some content on this site is very, very perverted. I didn't watch it, but it's bad from what my trumpet friends tell me.)

Hmmm...my parents and I like Weebls and rathergood. (They're baby boomers...)

Lara

8. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Okay, maybe I'm getting this now.

I've seen a couple of things from rathergood.com and I've seen homestarrunner.com as well. I'm amused by some of it and other stuff is just cynically odd. The marmots and Pavarotti and the weird masked wrestler guy is actually funny but I don't know why!

Long live the generation gap!

ML

9. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    Don't worry

My mum and dad could never understand the animations Terry Gilliam did in Monty Python. Come to think of it neither could I but I thought there were great when I was 15..still do.

Regards,

Trevor